I think we can all relate to the heart-stopping feeling you experience when “BREAKING NEWS” blares from the TV to announce, yet again…another school shooting.
Distasteful, but a reality in 2018. Considering our feeds are packed with news of homemade bombs, school shootings and bulletproof backpacks, Cayer Behavioral Group would like to take a moment to discuss the benefits of using tracking devices for our children diagnosed with ASD and other related disabilities. Simply clipping this device to your child’s belt loop may be part of the recipe to a better night sleep, knowing you have the ability to locate your child 24 hours of the day.
In hopes of helping you find the best match for your family, we have compiled a list of popular tracking devices on the market for you to consider:
Price: Tracker costs $150, with a monthly service plan of $45.
- Provides GPS tracking with detailed location history, and a feature that alerts you when your child arrives or departs from any location.
- Provides voice monitoring that allows you to listen in on your child’s surroundings.
- Compact product created with durable material that allows for multiple wearing options that were designed with sensory sensitivity in mind.
- Allows for a chosen group of people to be alerted if child goes missing.
- Short battery life; however, the AngelSense app alerts you when the device needs to be charged.
- More expensive monthly fee compared to similar products.
- Not waterproof.
PocketFinder GPS Child Tracker
Price: Tracker is $129, with a monthly service plan of $12.95.
- Waterproof and extremely durable GPS tracker that updates your child’s location as frequently as every two minutes.
- Provides option of setting up unlimited number of geofences so that you can be alerted when your child wanders off pretty much anywhere they aren’t supposed to be.
- A unique feature about this product is that it gives you the option of modifying your services to accommodate your travel plans with international service at $29.95 per month, if necessary.
- No SOS button; however, wearer can tap the device three times on a hard surface to send an emergency alert to the parent’s phone.
- No calling or listening-in features.
Trax Play GPS Tracker
Price: Tracker is $99, with three different prepaid plans to choose from, ranging from $4-$9 depending on which the plan you decide on.
- Small yet reliable GPS device that easily slips into pockets or is clipped onto a belt.
- Updates several times per minute and can be set to monitor a specific area during certain times of the day.
- Unique features about this product include the option to draw geofences in any shape, not just typical square or circle options, as well as an augmented reality feature that allows you to view the direction your child is located by panning your phone camera around you.
- Reasonably priced.
- Short battery life.
- No SOS alerts, calling, or listening-in features.
- No activity log.
- Less durable than similar products.
We hope that this list was helpful in guiding your choice of tracking devices, and that the device you choose provides you and your family comfort and peace of mind in times of panic and stress.
Please remember that you can always reach out to us at 850.320.6555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions or concerns regarding assistance for your little ones on the spectrum.
#TrackingDevicesforASD #AutismAwarenessEveryDay #CayerBehavioralGroup #We Cayer