Sweet summertime! Or, sweet summertime? Often, easy breezy events like a day at the beach turn into one, big stressful beach ball when juggling too many sand buckets!
To increase your time playing and decrease running into snafu’s think about these few helpful hints.
- Pack everything you need the night before. Once your kiddos head to bed, quickly pack your car. Night before organization may prevent you from forgetting anything as you are running out the door. Generally, this is also a huge time saver!
- Apply everyone’s sunscreen before you get to the beach. There is no stopping your kids once they eye the water! Prevention is key, but timing is everything!
- Bring a beach bag. What you bring, or forget to bring, will often make our break your trip. We suggest bringing, a towel for each person, sunscreen, bug spray, a change of clothes, hats and sunglasses, a trash bag, umbrella and baby powder. The baby powder will be the perfect trick for getting that pesky sand off at the end of the day!
- Water and snacks. Freezing water bottles the night before your beach trip is a sure-fire way to guarantee ice, cold water for you and the fam. Don’t forget to pack a healthy lunch and many, many, MANY smaller portioned snacks!
- Finally, you may want to consider allowing each child one hand-held electronic. Let’s be honest. Once in a while, the kids need a break from the water and you DESERVE a break from figuring out what to do instead.
Suns out, buns out! Cheers to a happy, healthy and safe day at the beach.
As always, if you have any questions contact Cayer Behavioral Group at 850-320-6555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.