This weekend, August 4th-6th, 2017, is Florida’s Annual Tax Free Weekend! Knowing what to buy for your child diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) may sometimes be a tall order! Cayer Behavioral Group is here to keep it simple!
Here are a few products that you may get some great use of:
Those marked with an asterisk (*) qualify for tax-free benefits!
- Markers, printer paper, notebook paper, pencils, pens*
- Great to have for crafts and having extras for kids is never too much!
- 7-pocket file organizers*
- Can be used to organize all of your students’ or child’s Individualized Education Programs (IEP).
- Construction paper*
- Perfect for labeling and crafts!
- Notebooks, drawing pads, and journals
- Great way for kids to keep up with their own notes and drawings while teaching personal responsibility!
- Personal white boards and Expo markers*
- Great for individual instruction and practicing, reusable, and easy clean-up!
- Contact Paper-Clear Adhesive Roll*
- Can be used to wrap around books to help prevent tears, and water damage.
- iPads or personal tablets*
- Wonderful for increased communication and can offer many apps and programs to stimulate creativity!
- Large dry-erase wall calendar*
- Perfect for keeping up with your and your kid’s busy schedule and is reusable for many months and years to come!
- Bean bag chairs
- Great for a spacious room to add dynamic seating and personal space for kids or yourself!
- Brain-Break Cards
- Offer fantastic and varying ways to either calm, focus, or energize kids! Noise-Reducing headphones*
- Noise-Reducing headphones*
- Helps students focus on the task at hand, and reduces external distractions
- Soothing Sands Sand Box
- Sand often gives kids with Autism Spectrum Disorder awesome sensory input. And hey, who doesn’t love sand?
- Pencil Grips*
- Helps kids gently place fingers in the proper position for gripping, so they can master fine motor and handwriting skills!
- DNA Ball
- A great tactile, fidget, and visual toy!
- Chewable Pencil Toppers
- Helps kids with oral motor sensory needs and helps them maintain focus while writing!
Shopping for school does not have to be a hassle! Here at Cayer Behavioral Group, we want to make getting ready for the new school year as easy and fun-filled as possible for the families and communities we serve! For more information on Tax Free Weekend, visit the Florida Department of Revenue’s website. Cheers to an awesome school year. Happy shopping!